Location

Location

The first Papamoa School was started in the front room of Mr Arthur Turner's house on State Highway 2 on July 4th, 1904.  In 1905 the Education Board bought a site in a gully between Broken Hill and Welcome Bay Road.  For several months, until it was ready, the children were taught in a marquee erected on Major Bennett's farm.  In 1947 the school was shifted from this site to a new four acre site on the corner of Welcome Bay Road and State Highway 2.  The school remained on this site until September 1977 when, due to population growth of the area, the present school was opened on the corner of Dickson and Parton Roads.

At that time two main blocks, including the administration area, were in operation and as the roll increased other rooms were added.  Today we have twenty six classroom spaces.  Also on site we have a hall, a heated 25 metre pool, and courts for tennis and netball (including one Astroturf court.)  The school is extremely well resourced and also has an excellent Library and Technology Suite.

Contact Us

Feedback Form